The FEO project is divided into six sub-packages, each with its own special area
- Work package 1 promotes the availability of environmental information and indicators as part of decision-making processes.
- Work package 2 puts the developed methods into practice. The tasks include responding to municipalities’ need for information on nature, combining carbon-neutral land use and habitat management as well as developing nature and bird directive reporting, the evaluation of threatened natural habitats, and developing the indicators and ecosystem accounting of the Luonnontila.fi website.
- Work package 3 brings together scattered materials and develops the monitoring network.
- Work package 4 promotes the use of remote sensing methods in monitoring the state of nature.
- Work package 5 develops models for monitoring diversity and carbon stocks.
- Work package 6 develops the management and coordination of FEO’s data flows.